Thursday, June 12, 2014

Update, of sorts

While I do manage to take pictures of YJ acres and Purgatory Ranch, making time for the computer is not something I have managed lately, so this is a picture-less post!

After a series of mini-disasters, we are finally back on track with our food production.  Strawberries are winding down, mulberries are flourishing, potatoes recovered nicely from the killer frost, and onions are bulbing up nicely.  The zucchini is coming along nicely, and in spite of the weeds, everything else is flourishing too.  We did install our new watering system, which has helped immensely, and God has blessed us with almost 4" of rain in the last two weeks.

We have delayed attending a farmer's market, but have plans in two weeks to make our first foray into a booth.  I'm crazy nervous, as people are not my "thing."

Meat chicken slaughtering has been delayed as I slowed our feed to keep them from dying of heart attacks.  Hopefully, we will enjoy a feast the week of the 22nd.

I had a close encounter with poison ivy, but the contact was pretty mild given my past experiences.

Our past blessed our house and fields, and it was a beautiful rite of blessing.

Until next time, remember, this is not paradise.  It's Purgatory Ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment