Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Day in the Life...

I found our first tomato of the year this morning!  It is a cherry tomato.  A close second will be a race between this tomato's vine-sister and a large pink Brandywine that is approaching the right shade of red.  I'm thrilled to see many large paste tomatoes on the vines, especially after the heartbreak of the herbicide (we think) damage at SecondHand Ranch.

It was 60 F when I woke up, so I baked pumpkin muffins and bread for breakfasts and easy snacks.  Yesterday, I made whole wheat bread, so we should be able to enjoy some home-baked goodness without a hot house for another week or two.  (I forgot to mention it here, but we turned on our AC on June 22 this year.  Not too shabby.  It still only runs at night, so we are doing better than in years past!)
 We also made maple ice cream.  I fear the maple may be a little too strong for our tastes, but we'll make a batch of chocolate too, and enjoy them together!
Until next time, remember, this is not paradise.  It's Purgatory Ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment