Friday, June 14, 2013

Mozzarella Making

My brother Tom and family joined us for a cheese making (as the first time I tried, I failed.  I think, on studying the issue, it was the rennet.  What do I really know?)  Tom regularly makes cheese, so he showed me the ins and outs and discussed what he had learned.  I learned that homemade cheese is yummy.



Homemade pizza is the way to go when sampling a first trial of homemade cheese.  Of course, it would have been better if I had not been attempting to mix the dough as we made the cheese.  The kitchen looked like a war zone at the end of the night.  We even opened my last jar of home-grown, home-canned tomato sauce for the occasion!


It was a beautiful evening of fellowship.

Until next time, remember, this is not paradise.  It's Purgatory Ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment