Saturday, May 18, 2013

Solar Oven

Behold!  The first two successful cooking adventures with our new solar oven.  Once I am more adept at setting it up and using it, we should be able to avoid turning on the oven for most baking/cooking adventures!

Every summer, we do our best to avoid turing on the air conditioning.  Last year, since I was pregnant, we had to turn on the AC early, but the year before, we made it to July 22 before we turned it on.  Then, Bear Cub Q ran a fever, and it was unfair to him not to turn it on,

Who know how long we can go if I don't have to use the oven?
Hard-boiled eggs.
The yolk is a smidge grey from being in the oven too long,
but who wants to eat half-boiled yolks?

Pumpkin bread
We purchased the SOS Sport Solar Oven Combo.  I can see it won't ever be my only cooking source with our growing family, but if I can reduce my baking but still keep us in fresh bread, it's worth it.

Until next time, remember, this is not paradise.  It's Purgatory Ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment