Monday, July 2, 2012

Leftover Lemons

It's going to take many more lemons than I thought to make strawberry lemonade concentrate.  In the meantime, before I buy the 30+ lemons I still need, I wanted to show you what I did with the lemon left after juicing...
You should always wash your lemons first... and removing the peel might be easier before rather than after juicing, but I didn't think of this before, and it wasn't too bad.

Remove the peel from your lemon.  Only the yellow, not the white, please, as it is bitter.

If you are a sensible person, you might boil your peel in 1/2 c. water and 1/2 c. vodka to remove impurities or wax, but since the directions don't say to discard the boiling liquid, I would assume your impurities are still in the final product, so I didn't boil.
For every one lemon's peel, add 1/2 c. vodka.  Shake up bottle and store in a dark place.

Lemon extract!

Until next time, remember, this is not paradise.  It's Purgatory Ranch.

1 comment: